I tried out a new recipe I decided to whip up today! Let me tell youuuuuu, these are yummmmmmy 😄😄😄! I had Moo try them out and she loved them so you even have the toddler seal of approval✔👊! For those of you like myself who keep an eye on your macro count these are super macro friendly, easy to make, and you can keep them in the fridge or freeze them and microwave them later! Below is the step by step to what you need to make these yummy breakfast bites:
4 large eggs (whole egg including the yolk)
4 large egg whites
2 slices of turkey bacon (I used Jennie-O)
1/4 cup of Mexican shredded cheese (I used Kroger brand)
1 tsp of minced garlic (I used spice world brand)
1 oz of spinach
1 tbsp of chopped onion (I used yellow)
1/2 cup red bell pepper
Muffin or cupcake pan to hold 12 muffins
Cupcake liners (this way you avoid using cooking spray or oil)
1) Pre heat your oven to 350°F.
2) In a 2-4 cup measuring cup whisk your eggs and add in your shredded cheese.
3) Chop up your veggies and bacon nice and fine and sauteed them in a pan for 5mins or until the peppers are nice and soft.
4) Toss the sauteed veggie and bacon mix into the measuring cup with your eggs and whisk them together.
5) Add your cupcake liners to your pan and pour the egg mixture in filling each cup 2/3 full.
6) Bake 15 mins or until the tips are firm or you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
7) Let them cool on the counter and then enjoy!
Store them in the fridge or freeze and microwave when your ready to eat!
Do you have any macro friendly recipes that are worth sharing? Comment below!
See you on the flip side!